Monday, September 22, 2008

Farewell Aquarius

As we bask in the 40 inch glow of our new 1080p HDTV, I feel a little nostalgic for the old JVC we're giving up. 

It was the first expensive thing I bought John. A full 8 years ago. It seemed so wondrous and huge then. Before that he was using my old I-won-it-in-our-Citytrust-Xmas-party TV in the faux wood (yes wood) frame that I lent him when we were just starting to date. That thing wasn't even cable ready! We had to hook up to an old VCR with a tuner.
We've come a long way from those days. Simpler, but also good, times.

Now I can't even figure out how to compress the image on this new TV since it's stretched out on widescreen format. Dammit. 

To our old JVC, let me quote the astronauts of Apollo 13 as they jettisoned their lunar module off into space: "Farewell Aquarius, and we thank you."



No comments: